By Jonathan Samuels, Australia Correspondent
One of the two Australian radio DJs involved in a hoax phone call to the hospital treating the Duchess of Cambridge will appear at the inquest of the nurse who died.
Mel Greig asked to attend the inquest into the death of nurse Jacintha Saldhana and the coroner has granted her permission.
In a statement Ms Greig's Sydney based lawyers said: "Ms Saldanha's suicide was a devastating tragedy and Ms Greig's thoughts have been with the family ever since.
The nurse committed suicide a few days later Ms Greig fully understands their need for answers, which is why she has taken this step to appear as an individual at the inquest."
Greig, and co-host on Sydney radio station 2Day FM, Michael Christian, telephoned King Edward VII's hospital when the Duchess of Cambridge was being treated for severe morning sickness.
Jacintha Saldhana was the nurse who put them through to Kate's ward, believing the DJs were the Queen and the Prince of Wales.
A second nurse then gave the pair information about her condition which was broadcast.
Ms Greig's lawyers Slater and Gordon said: "She is determined to address any questions surrounding her role in these tragic events as part of the inquest.
"Ms Greig wants the family to know she will answer any questions the coroner or the family's lawyers may have at the inquest."
The news comes a day after The Sunday Times printed what it said was an extract from one of three apparent notes written by the 46-year-old mother of two before she died.
Greig made the call with colleague Michael Christian in December 2012 According to the paper in one of the notes directed at her employers at King Edward VII's Hospital in London she blames the presenters, rather than her managers, for her death.
"Please accept my apologies. I am truly sorry. Thank you for all your support. I hold the Radio Australians Mel Greig and Michael Christian responsible for this act. Please make them pay my mortgage. I am sorry," the paper said Ms Saldanha wrote.
If genuine, the note will provide a critical insight into Ms Saldanha's death at her upcoming inquest, which was due to open in London this week but has been delayed.
It had been reported Ms Saldanha criticised the hospital for her treatment after the prank call.
According to the paper another note says she did not blame her work colleagues for the distress she felt. The third left instructions for her funeral.
She has yet to return to radio station 2day FM Southern Cross Austereo, which owns the Sydney radio station, has said it would contribute $500,000 (£330,000) into a trust fund for Ms Saldanha's family.
Ms Saldanha, who shared a home in Bristol with her husband Benedict Barboza, 49, a hospital accountant, and their two children, Junal, 17, and Lisha, 14, had trained as a nurse in Mangalore in southern India before moving to Britain more than a decade ago.
It was revealed that she was upset by problems she was having at work and Mr Barboza criticised the hospital for its handling of the situation.
It has also emerged that she had previously been placed on anti-depressants.
A spokesman for King Edward VII's Hospital said: "Jacintha Saldanha was an outstanding and much-loved member of our team. We continue to assist the coroner so that she can establish the full facts of the case."
Keith Vaz, the Labour MP who has acted as Ms Saldanha's family's spokesman, said: "The forthcoming inquest will hopefully provide answers for the family and for them it will represent closure."
Ms Greig is yet to return to the airwaves. Michael Christian is however back on air in a lower profile role for a Southern Cross Austereo radio station in Melbourne.
Dzhokhar has been charged
This image shows the brothers crouched by a Mercedes
Anzor was said to be worried about Misha's hold on Tamerlan
Tamerlan (L) boxes at the 2009 Golden Gloves
Tamerlan is seen here with little brother Dzhokhar and their sisters
Mr Tsarni made a public appeal to his nephew when he was on the run
Dzhokhar remained in Boston's Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre
The aftermath of the fatal Boston Marathon attacks
Canadian police hold a news conference to reveal details of the arrests
A silent tribute was held in Boston on Monday
The aftermath of the Boston Marathon blasts
Suarez apologised on his Twitter account a few hours after the incident
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers told Suarez the bite was 'unacceptable'
Suarez said he spoke directly to Branislav Ivanovic after the incident
Suarez's new Twitter follower: Tyson, who took chunk out of his challenger
Tamerlan died in a gunfight
Dzhokhar leaves the boat he was hiding in
Every participant is being given a black ribbon to wear during the race
The police prescence during the London race is being stepped up by 40%
University students have been warned to stay indoors
The man described as 'suspect one' was wearing a black cap
Another image of suspect one
The man described as 'suspect two' was wearing a white hat
Suspect two is said to have dropped his bag at the site of the second blast
A profile shot of suspect two
There was panic and confusion in the aftermath of the deadly twin bombing
A forensic officer carries evidence from a rooftop near one of the blasts
The FBI released images of parts of the bombs
Martin Richard, eight, was killed in the explosions
Chinese graduate student Lu Lingzi was with friends when she was killed
A plume of smoke rises up after the explosion Pic: KWTX-TV
This image shows the initial blast Pic: KWTX-TV
The injured are treated at a nearby sports field 
The damage caused by one of the blasts in Boston
An image of one of the mangled pressure cooker bombs
Krystle Campbell was with a friend at the race
Forensic investigators work at the scene of one of the bomb blasts
People attend a candlelight vigil for the victims of the attacks 
The blasts happened at the end of the marathon
More than 130 people were injured
A bomb squad officer at the scene of one of the blasts
Member of the bomb sqaud investigates suspicious bag
A map shows the crimescene perimeter set up by police